Top 10 Reasons to Choose Memorial Hermann
At Memorial Hermann, we’re all about advancing health – yours and your family’s. The largest not-for-profit health system in southeast Texas, Memorial Hermann has 13 hospitals and numerous specialty programs and services conveniently located throughout the greater Houston area.
When you choose one of the 5,500 physicians affiliated with Memorial Hermann, you know you’ve chosen a doctor who shares our commitment to quality improvement and patient safety.
1. Awards and Recognition. Memorial Hermann is recognized as a national and regional leader in providing quality care. Because we’re committed to delivering the best possible clinical care to our patients, we benchmark and measure our performance against other hospitals across the country.
2. Collaboration with McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. The unique collaboration between Memorial Hermann and McGovern Medical School ensures you and your family access to excellent care, state-of-the-art technology, advanced therapies and specialized surgeries unavailable at other hospitals.
3. Outstanding Care for Kids. Physicians affiliated with Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Children’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City are leaders in providing diagnosis and clinical care in general pediatrics, maternal-fetal medicine, neonatal intensive care services, pediatric neuroscience and pediatric cardiovascular services.
Memorial Hermann Life Flight
4. Memorial Hermann Life Flight and Texas Trauma Institute. Founded in 1976 as the first air ambulance service in Texas and the second in the nation, Memorial Hermann Life Flight® is the only hospital-based air ambulance serving Houston and surrounding communities. Our Adult and Children’s Transport Teams operate within a 300-mile radius of Houston using ground ambulance, a 150-mile radius using 24/7 air ambulance and far beyond using private jet services. Skilled pilots, specially certified registered nurses and paramedics transport patients to the Level I Texas Trauma Instituteat Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, where experts work around the clock to save lives and advance the field of emergency medicine.
5. Memorial Hermann IRONMAN® Sports Medicine Institute. A collaboration between Memorial Hermann and UT Physicians, the Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute provides sport-specific care for athletes of all abilities and ages. You’ll find fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, physical therapy, human performance testing, strength and conditioning and sports nutrition counseling under one roof at three locations: Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. The Institute is an extension of Memorial Hermann’s long-term partnership with IRONMAN.
6. Excellence in Neuroscience. The Mischer Neuroscience Institute (MNI) is the largest neuroscience provider in the southern half of Texas and one of only a few institutions in the country to provide the full continuum of neuroscience care, from neurology to neurosurgery to neurorehabilitation. Mischer Neuroscience Associates extends MNI’s reach across the greater Houston area.
Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute - Southwest
7. The Most Hearts in Houston. Memorial Hermann is one of the world’s largest providers of cardiovascular care, annually performing more than 50,000 heart procedures. Our patients have access to heart specialists with extensive training and expertise in the complete range of heart procedures, from interventional cardiology to complex robotic-assisted procedures and a heart transplant. Heart & Vascular Institutes are located at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, which is also home to the Center for Advanced Heart Failure, where a multidisciplinary team of expert physicians provides care for the most complex cardiac conditions.
8. Top-ranked Rehabilitation and Continuing Care. For nearly a quarter of a century, TIRR Memorial Hermann has appeared on the list of America’s best rehabilitation hospitals published by U. S. News & World Report magazine. TIRR Memorial Hermann’s top-quality rehab services are available at outpatient centers across the city through the hospital’s comprehensive, integrated rehab network. Memorial Hermann also offers home care services for discharged patients who need extra help while they heal at home.
9. MHMD. With more than 3,900 physician members, MHMD, the Memorial Hermann Physician Network, is the largest independent physician organization of its kind in Texas. Our clinical integration program is a commitment from MHMD physicians to practice evidence-based medicine, collaborate with each other and with other healthcare providers and to be accountable for the highest quality, safest and most cost-effective care possible.
10. Most Wired. Memorial Hermann has been recognized as one of the nation’s Most Wired hospitals for nine consecutive years by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine. Most Wired health systems use technologies that improve patient documentation and reduce the likelihood of medical errors. Among these technologies is Houston’s first health information exchange, which uses a cloud-based solution for the storage of diagnostic imaging results. By allowing doctors to share images with other healthcare facilities worldwide, we’re reducing the need for repeat imaging studies and ensuring that you receive the right care at the right time.